BBQ weather is finally upon us!
Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, makes me want to move my dancin feet….or so the song goes! Save time with this spicy satay marinade that doubles up as a kebab-kicking sauce – no cooking required and prepared in a matter of minutes!
The meat used was bought from the butcher down the road, that guarantees locally sourced, animal welfare friendly products. Whilst we might not all be able to follow strict plant-based diets (I tip my hat to those who can and do) reducing our weekly meat intake and buying local, reduces the travel miles, carbon footprints and helps give the local economy a helping hand. For me, the conversation with local shopkeepers is absolutely part of the pull and on high streets that are increasingly under pressure from soulless powerhouse supermarket chains, it’s all the more reason to support these vital community shops and services and buy close to home!
Pair this with this amazing Beetroot & Toasted Cashew Dip
- For the Satay Marinade
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 200g Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- If you like it HOT, add a sprinkle of chilli flakes
- For the Satay Sauce
- 100g coconut cream + the remainder of the above marinade
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together (not the coconut cream)
- Split the mixture into two bowls, roughly half and half.
- Use one bowl for the marinade, brush onto meat or veggie kebabs ( I mostly use this for beef or pork kebabs)
- Using the other bowl, and a clean utensil, add the coconut cream and mix well.
- This is your simple satay sauce, serve as an accompaniment to your BBQ'd kebabs
- TIP! Never mix your utensils when preparing raw and cooked meet- separation is the key to no upset stomachs!