Here is the recipe for my sweet shortcrust pastry
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
Author: Kaylie Kist
- 250g plain organic flour
- 200g diced, cold butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 50ml cold water in a glass with an ice cube in it.
- pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl with an electric mixer (paddle attachment - not whisk)
- Add the button, block by block on a low speed until it resembles a breadcrumb textured mix
- Add the water( not the ice cube) to the mix and it should quickly form a ball.
- Remove from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface, press into a flat disk, wrap in cling film and refrigerate 30 - 60 minutes before use.
- Keep wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for no longer than a month.