Keep a finger on your healthy, happy pulse with this Spicy Black Bean, Feta and Roasted Vegetable Salad.
Black bean’s are pulses packed with fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6 and have a high phytonutrient content. The fiber content helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood, decreasing the risk of heart disease (obviously you need to also live a healthy lifestyle)!
This recipe is perfect on it’s own, but I prefer to pair it up with Spicy Pan Fried Polenta. Turn up the heat on the chili content if you like it hot, otherwise enjoy a mild kick and a flavour filled medley of all things good for you.
Spicy Black Bean, Feta & Roasted Vegetable Salad
Author: Kaylie Kist
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 400g Black beans
- 2 x Limes
- 2 x Chilies (depending how hot you like it!)
- 1 x Courgette
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Orange Pepper
- A handful of chopped mint
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 75g Feta
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c/ gas mark 6
- Chop the courgette and peppers and place on a roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season and place in the oven for approx 20 mins
- Prepare 400g black beans/ or drain and rinse prepared beans into a large salad serving bowl
- Squeeze the juice of two limes on top
- Add the chopped herbs & the feta
- Remove the vegetables form the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool add them to the black bean mix
- Mix in a couple of spoons of olive oil
- If you are eating this with the Pan Fried polenta: Heat a pan with oil
- Place the pre cut polenta shapes in the pan and shallow fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with the salad, or eat the salad on it's own - both totally enjoyable!